Noob here so please help me out how to connect my TV with the antenna cables.

sargous

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello to the forum im new here and also i just moved to Uk.i bought a LG tv and now i ready to connect it with the channels but i cant find what cable i must use.so please help me out.my wall bracket and tv's back is on the photos.
thank you in advance guys

Attachments

• IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 100
The aerial connection on the wall plate looks like it is broken. You do not say whether you have a satellite dish on the roof, if not there may be no need to connect the satellite socket. Otherwise the connection is from the aerial socket on the wall plate to the 'antenna/ cable in' on the TV. I think the broken aerial socket is your main problem.

the aerial connection on the wall plate is the gold one?i can buy a new one or not?i can unscrew it from the wall cause i tried before is there an adapter i can buy or a new one?

It looks like part of an old plug is broken off in the socket. Find some pliers or similar and see if it will gently come out.

You then just need a standard antenna cable - male to male. Usually available from pound shops, or Currys and Maplin for 10x the price!

ok so i just have to try and unscrew the gold one from the wall bracket?
thank you guys for the help.

As above, it looks to me like the broken part is actually a plug that's snapped. It doesn't unscrew, it's just a push fit. So you should be able to remove it with a pair of pliers.

But I think you'll require female to male aerial cable. Female for the wall plate & male for the TV. You won't know for certain until the broken part is removed.

If there is a dish on the other end of the cable you need a cable with F-connectors at either end.

Last edited:
ok i will go to poundland to buy some pliers and try to remove it.when im done i will post to tell you cause i will need help afterwards thank you guys

Pick up a cable while you are there. 90% certain you will need a male to male, as male to female is normally for the output of old VCRs.

As above, it looks to me like the broken part is actually a plug that's snapped. It doesn't unscrew, it's just a push fit. So you should be able to remove it with a pair of pliers.

But I think you'll require female to male aerial cable. Female for the wall plate & male for the TV. You won't know for certain until the broken part is removed.

If there is a dish on the other end of the cable you need a cable with F-connectors at either end.
i will try to remove it as soon as i go to buy some pliers i dont have a dish i live in an apartment with a central antenna as the landlord told me the only thing i need is the cable.

This looks like the same plate which shows the socket as male. But as I said, pick up a male-male cable with an adapter & you're covered.

upload_2017-4-17_14-27-19.jpeg

Note that the Maplin cable is only available online & was linked to simply as an example. I'm sure you'll find all you need in Poundland/Home Bargains/B&M/etc.

The cable you pictured in post #10 with a male to female is ideal for the Terrestrial UHF TV input. The plug bit can probably be prised out with a thin screwdriver. They can grip very well as evidenced by the old lead which was destroyed while removing it. Twisting/rotating the connection when inserting/removing usually advisable!

You also need a F-plug to F-plug satellite lead to allow use of the Satellite feed on the LG TV (should you want it). This may give you additional channel choices compared to the terrestrial signals.

Finally, if you get a TV for the bedroom you will need to sort out a way of feeding the UHF TV signal to the 'return' socket on the wallplate you have pictured. (The return socket feed on to single plates with an identical socket in other rooms. Triax (a manufacturer of antenna parts) make a device to do this called a 'Triax Outlet Link' which you might find in the flat somewhere (they were often supplied as part of the original installations, but frequently go missing). Those rooms will need a male to male TV plug cable!

The cable you pictured in post #10 with a male to female is ideal for the Terrestrial UHF TV input. The plug bit can probably be prised out with a thin screwdriver. They can grip very well as evidenced by the old lead which was destroyed while removing it. Twisting/rotating the connection when inserting/removing usually advisable!

You also need a F-plug to F-plug satellite lead to allow use of the Satellite feed on the LG TV (should you want it). This may give you additional channel choices compared to the terrestrial signals.

Finally, if you get a TV for the bedroom you will need to sort out a way of feeding the UHF TV signal to the 'return' socket on the wallplate you have pictured. (The return socket feed on to single plates with an identical socket in other rooms. Triax (a manufacturer of antenna parts) make a device to do this called a 'Triax Outlet Link' which you might find in the flat somewhere (they were often supplied as part of the original installations, but frequently go missing). Those rooms will need a male to male TV plug cable!
thank you mate for the tips i have 1 more question the cable u said the f-plug i put it on sat 1 or sat2 on the wall or it doesnt matter?

thank you mate for the tips i have 1 more question the cable u said the f-plug i put it on sat 1 or sat2 on the wall or it doesnt matter?
Either should work. Sat 1 uses the same cable as the UHF TV antenna (via filters). Sat 2 should be direct to the dish (or distribution system in large blocks of flats) so would be my first choice. Triax_304114 wall plate shows the rear of the wallplate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom