Noob Denon 2106 digital

syman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, noob question here, just got a denon 2106, have the xbox360 connected to dvd input, xbox to cd, and digital tv to tv. The 360 is setup to output digital 5.1, but the amp is showing it has a analog signal on the display.

Same for the xbox1 and the digital tv.

Shouldn't the amp be displaying digital or dts?

Might be a daft question but you are using either a coaxial or optical cable from your sources?

Going by that I'd have to assume the yellow one carries the digital audio signal and the red and white ones carry analog audio.

Have you assigned the digital inputs to the correct source? i.e Coax 1 - CD, Coax 2 - DVD etc etc. It's done from the main setup menu. You need to go into Input Setup and then Digital In Assign.

Think the yellow one carries the video signal if your using a non hd tv, (plugs into a scart with the red and white.

Have the red & white going into the amp.

Looks like no digital for 360 then.

Also just noticed, when the amp turned up to about -5db (with music) the sub cuts out. Do you think this some kind of protection on the genie sub or should I be sending it back.

Thanks for your help Jase

Some subs have built-in protection and will cut out rather than destroy themselves. -5db is pretty loud though! If you want something that can play at those levels then you might need to consider purchasing a different sub.

At least the Amps not faulty as you're feeding it an analog audio signal.

You need to run an optical cable from the back of the 360's component plug (the main plug on the component cable) into the amp. Then you will get DD. DTS.

Ok thanks Jace, will keep that volume knob down.

Thanks Phil, off to buy an optical cable now.

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom