Noo cancelled order

DolbyDan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got an email that due to stock issues very won't be able to fulfill my order sucks as it was £100 off.

Now just seen the Olympus deal, E-PL5 kit lens and a 17mmF2.8 thrown in for good measure £485.. whats peoples thoughts, im in a pickle :facepalm: Going on holiday 13th August!

August is ages away, hope that helps :D

Sony RX100...

dream camera for me, if I had the money I would buy it tomorrow!!

+1 for the RX100.....

....and still get the EPL-5 .... or a mans camera...the OMD

Ended up reordering the X100S really think it fits my needs.

Who from?

Ended up reordering the X100S really think it fits my needs.

How about the Ricoh GR great small portable camera with an APS-C Sensor, No AA filter and an inbuilt ND Filter. 35mm Crop feature at a far cheaper price than the X100s.

Delvey, Very.co.uk 10% off first order so brings down to £900.

JustinL, the Ricoh was on my top shortlist for cameras, looks a cracker, but native 28mm FOV is just too wide, for me and it would be too much of a crop to get 50mm FOV.

I ended up getting impatient went down my local camerashop and had a play with a Oly pl5, omd and a x100 walked out with the PL5 in white with normal zoom, af is fast, nice and small, decent screen and get a free 17mmF2.8 and at a later date will get the 45mmF1.8.

Last edited:
White :eek::facepalm:

No doubt goes with your Saturday Night Fever suit though so thats OK.... :eek:

But good choice of camera.... you'll be very happy and get some shots up ASAP.

I can also vouch for the 45mm as well..superb lens

Little bit of feedback.

God it's TINY!! Body & kit lens weighs less than one of my SLR lenses, but the two grips make it a pleasure to hold, but I will def get a decent wrist strap for extra security. Autofocus is rapid, rapid like quick, quick.

Controls are fiddly, but got used to them and the menus at first seem a nightmare, but again I'm already use to them.

The wifi sd card works well with a tablet and I can see the advantages of having the feature, but I generally use my laptop and enjoy editing, which brings on a question, no lens correction profiles in Lightroom 4.4?

Metering - It coped well with this on Matrix
9143505822_3ca9e534ba_o.jpg

Image quality:

ISO performance
9143451794_a20d335113_o.jpg

ISO1600 would look awful on my Nikon P300.

Colours
9141231851_be66c6935d_o.jpg

All Jpegs straight from camera.

The kit lens is very small and comfortable to hold, but the glass is what I expected from it, although relatively sharp there is a lack of micro-contrast, all photos are usable though, with aid from LR4.

The good news is Olympus have said that the 17mmF2.8 will be with me in 28 days and next payday I will get the 45mmF1.8!!

Unfortunately I'm spoilt by the D7100 35mmF1.8G/85mmF1.8G image quality, I just hope I don't have to spend on expensive lenses to get similar results.

Will post better photos when I take it to Portugal!!

Very nice indeed. Unfortunately I think you will have to, good quality lenses make all the difference regardless of sensor. In fact a good sensor really can demonstrate mediocre glass.

I know, that's why initially I wanted a fixed lens. I'm really only after a 35-50mm FOV decent prime and a portrait prime, hopefully the 17mmF2.8 is underrated, otherwise I'll get the 20mmF1.7 and I know I will like the 45mmF1.8 for portraits.

If they make a <£1000 300mmF4 I will buy it in a heartbeat, otherwise all expensive glass will be Nikkor... for now :devil:

Delvey, Very.co.uk 10% off first order so brings down to £900.

JustinL, the Ricoh was on my top shortlist for cameras, looks a cracker, but native 28mm FOV is just too wide, for me and it would be too much of a crop to get 50mm FOV.

I ended up getting impatient went down my local camerashop and had a play with a Oly pl5, omd and a x100 walked out with the PL5 in white with normal zoom, af is fast, nice and small, decent screen and get a free 17mmF2.8 and at a later date will get the 45mmF1.8.

Fair enough although you do have an automatic 35mm crop mode in the camera! I had an EPL-5 and returned it, nice camera but the screen was too low resolution and it didn't show enough info for me. I'm waiting for my GR to arrive to compliment my NEX 6.

The wifi sd card works well with a tablet and I can see the advantages of having the feature, but I generally use my laptop and enjoy editing, which brings on a question, no lens correction profiles in Lightroom 4.4?

New to m43 too and I too was puzzled by the lack of profiles. From what i've read the required correction is embedded in the RAW file and applied on the fly by LR.

The screen res is probably how they keep acceptable battery life as its a capacitive screen, is the OM-D/ E-P5 battery the same capacity?

Didn't know that LR did that nice!!

45mmF1.8 comes tomorrow!! I was debating the 60mmF2.8 macro and to use that as a portrait as well, but tbh I think if I do macro I will use my D7100 and get a real old skool legacy macro and enjoy the magnificent screen and vf and for portraits, too close to the fov as my 85mm on D7100 and just as uncompact (well sort of). The 45mmF1.8 and the 17mmF2.8 is what I wanted, a tidy compact camera with high image quality and good AF.

I find the 45mm and, in my case, 20mm 17 both superb lenses and deal with almost any situation. Except of course when I need my 100-300 for wildlife etc.

But the primes are the only way to go with mft

I'm all excited now!! Have to say loving the E-PL5, now I have got the buttons customised and learnt how to do bits and bobs. Handling now is awesome, I nicked an old cotton wrist strap off an old Fuji compact works a treat
2ov0.jpg

Wish they would bring out an affordable 300mmF4 prime that would be the damn diggity, otherwise I'll stick to my SLR for wildlife.

Last edited:
Nice one Danny Boy... that is one heck of a cute cat. And lovely photograph as well with excellent DOF. Great lens isn't it ?

My new 45mmF1.8 arrived today so small and good value for money for the output it gives.

Amazed by the high iso capabilities - F1.8 - 1/125 - 4000ISO absolutely no noise reduction

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom