Non white racism

How is it racist? It's not promoted as black only. Anybody can watch it. There's already the BET (Black Entertainment Network) US cable channel too. Anybody can watch that too. I wonder who's going to mention the MOBO awards and be wrong about them too?

How is it racist? It's not promoted as black only. Anybody can watch it. There's already the BET (Black Entertainment Network) US cable channel too. Anybody can watch that too. I wonder who's going to mention the MOBO awards and be wrong about them too?

Only employing Black news presenters ??

As a non racist its really beyond me why people have to use colour as a grouping. Surely we want to see beyond colour or segregate on colour.

I was one of only a few white kids brought up in a mostly black estate but can't recall ever being made to feel different or unwanted by my mostly black friends.

Last edited:
It's co-run by a white person. Next you'll be calling The Cosby Show racist. Okay the lead's a nonce perv.

You are coming across hostile? I'm asking a genuine question. Why is it singled out if shows are all white for example but not if its all Black? I.e lack of diversity.

Appreciate it could be a show about a set family that is all white or all black but they will interact with people of all colour in reality. (US/UK programming anyway).

You can target a group but I assume they are not all Asian presenters ?
Click on the link scroll down.

Or put "BBC Asian Network" into Google and then change to images. Whatever.

Anyway if this is a US cable channel won't it have to find finance and advertising etc. If it gets it it will succeed if it doesn't it will fail.

The BBC has a license fee so it doesn't matter to them and I note from Wikipedia it doesn't seem to be "cost effective."

In 2017/18, it was noted the station not only remained as having the highest cost-per-user of all the BBC radio output, but whose costs also increased – rising from 3.4p per hour the previous year to 3.7p per hour. The audience Appreciation Index figure did not increase, remaining at 80.3; and the average length of time spent on the channel dramatically fell from 06:11 to 05:19 – the biggest fall of all of the BBC's radio stations.

You can target a group but I assume they are not all Asian presenters ?
I think they all are or at least 98%. I've no problem with it apart from the appropriation of the whole continent, when it's just the Indian Subcontinent heritage. Btw there's also BBC Radio 1Xtra, a Black music radio station.

Maybe I'm not being clear.

I agree the show can be watched by anyone, not just African Americans, but if it only has black presenters by design are you saying that's not racist ?

I can go into a Mosque as a Non-Muslim, we have more or less got rid of men only clubs so how can colour still be a separator ? To me its encouraging lack of integration.

I only single this one programme out as just seen it covered on the news. I'm sure there's others I know nothing about.

You are coming across hostile? I'm asking a genuine question. Why is it singled out if shows are all white for example but not if its all Black? I.e lack of diversity.
Wasn't my intention just trying to work out your perspective. Don't think most all white shows get singled out, just a few.

I'm all for them nurturing creative talent that mainstream organisations have ignored. The lack of diversity with all those backslapping ceremonies is down to a lack of diversity in the industry itself, and such projects never ever being greenlit.

I realise there has been vast amounts of racism by whites against other people of colour over the centuries but don't think we should be celebrating/encouraging White Only, Black Only, Asian only programming.

Exclusivity is not rascist, racism is (very basically) the belief that one race is superior to another, having a black only, white only, whatever only channel isn't racist.

Now, if the black only channel starts saying 'we hate white people' yeah that's racist, but otherwise, I think your falling into the trap of whataboutery and exposing yourself.

How can this kind of thing be allowed?

Why is anti-white racism not condemned ? Can you imagine uproar if a channel was promoted as White only ?
Is S4C also racist? 😂

The channel also speak a foreign language that most white English people can’t understand.
(as well as most southern Welsh folk)

Yep, not racist at all. That's pretty much it.

Odd, seeing something that isn't there. I can only assume you've misunderstood it's intention.

Exclusivity is not rascist,

You should let the Baftas know that.. :D

Actor Joaquin Phoenix has called out "systemic racism" in the film industry in a searing awards acceptance speech in London.

The event was already heavily criticised for lacking diversity in the nominations.

All 20 nominees in the BAFTA awards' acting categories were white.

Baftas

Actor Joaquin Phoenix has called out "systemic racism" in the film industry in a searing awards acceptance speech in London.

The event was already heavily criticised for lacking diversity in the nominations.

Baftas

Racism generally happens with minorities as it’s the nature of the beast.
My experience is that majorities really don’t understand this concept and mistake it.

If you want to experience racism as a white person, I suggest you take a trip to somewhere like one of the more off beat African countries and just go a bit off track in one of the big cities.

Baftas

I hope you're not serious, but then I can't imagine why you'd have wasted the time to type that and find the quote.

Definitely not racist.

"And BNC’s largest investor is a Republican, Shad Khan, the only Muslim owner in the NFL (the Jacksonville Jaguars). "

Shad Khan is also the owner of All Elite Wrestling and donated $1 million to the Trump inauguration.

But it may be a lil biased in its reporting me thinks.

And how is 'Black News' any different from 'White News' - do England not beat SA in the ODI on the Black News channel?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom