Non-shiny/non-black bezel tv wanted

jamct

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to replace my 'lovely' semi-matt grey bezelled 37in Toshiba WLT58 LCD with a new 37in to 42in 1080p LCD or Plasma TV. 99% of the models I've seen have a gastley horrid shiny piano-black bezel which needs dusting 10 times a day!:eek:

Does anyone know of a TV with a matt/semi-matt/satinized finish other than black?:lease:

Well i think the shiny piano black is nice to look at and really only need dusting as much as any other tv imo unless you have OCD.

Pioneer KRL37v

brushed aluminum gunmetal. very classy look, if you can still find one.

also one of the best lcd's ive seen.

Well i think the shiny piano-black is nice to look at and really only need dusting as much as any other tv imo unless you have OCD.

I was being a teany weany bit facetious ;) and luckily, I don't have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. As you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :rolleyes: Anyway, You didn't answer my question.

Reports from Japan and USA state that SP-B bezels are out of fashion as manufacturers need to stand out from the over crowded shiny-black market and re-introduce 'stylish' TVs some of which are going to have bezelless models fronted by all-glass screens. I think one such model range is Toshiba's Flush Front Infinity range which may be is due in the UK in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, what is available now in addition to the white picture-frame Sonys and their matt-black faced/shiny edged models?.

Answers on a post-card please - :devil:

I don't like shiny stuff much either - I was really pleased when they stopped using terrible Silver plastic for everything in TV and home entertainment to go back to black or more subtle finishes. Now glossy black is all the rage. ;)

My Hifi is mostly silver but it is actually aluminium or alloy, not plastic.
Erm, for TVs I think the only non-shiny finishes have mostly gone now that everything is 'Piano' black or similar. I think the Sharp models aren't that shiny and look fairly inconspicuous. Unfortunately the other type of finishes are sort of glass effect with colours imbued like the Sharp DH77, Philips Ambilight type, LG 7700 type and Samsung ones and maybe a few others. What I wonder is how long it took LG/Samsung to copy each others reddish finish?

Last edited:
In the meantime, what is available now in addition to the white picture-frame Sonys and their matt-black faced/shiny edged models?.

• The samsung A455 series are also white.:cool:

• Sony S series is matt black, as well as many other Sonys, but the S is the latest:smashin:

• Panasonic PX8 series is matt black, but get one quick as they are getting replaced by some new SPB:D models:eek::lesson:
Hope that helped:hiya:
IMHO, Matt black looks a bit old TBH, but it's your choice. I have a SPB Panasonic 42X10 and it does need dusting about every 2-3 days. Not as bad as i thought:rotfl:

that was a couple of people hardly a wide spread product recall type issue.

forums as popular as these give a very tainted view of products.

that was a couple of people hardly a wide spread product recall type issue.

forums as popular as these give a very tainted view of products.

That's good if you have not had the problem. Will keep Pioneer on my 'possibles' list.

Thanks for info.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom