Question Non-central placement plan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Minionite, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Minionite

Minionite
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Newbie here. When I move into my new place I'm allowed to set up my first projector and screen in living room as long as "it looks tidy" (not on ceiling/wall).

Here's my current rough plan;
    http://i.imgur.com/2i3KDQW.png

Because the projector isn't exactly room central I'd need one with horizontal lens shift right? Around how much lens shift do you think I'd be looking for at a position like that? Was looking at something like the Epson EH-TW6600

I'll also be putting 5.1 in the room. Screen will be 100" or 120", whichever suits best. Is this setup logical / practical?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Gilbers

Gilbers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    The TW6600 has a horizontal lens shift of 24%, which by my calculations means you can put the lens off centre by around 21 inches for a 100 inch screen, and 25 inches for a 120 inch screen. Bear in mind that use of the vertical lens shift can reduce this figure though. Do you know how far below the centre of the screen the projector will be?