1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-anamorphic dvds

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Coz22998, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Coz22998

Coz22998
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,901
    1st post, newbie, and all that. First up great forums, which have finally resulted in me taking the plunge and buying a dlp projector. Am in the process of setting it up and wondered about how non-anamorphic dvds look on a 7ft screen. Three i was wondering about in particular were the abyss (region 1), armageddon (criterion) and from dusk till dawn (region 1 special edition) - am used to watching these on a 32" tv but would the region 2 anamorphic disks of these films look any better on a 7ft screen than the non-anamorphic versions? Is it worth me double dipping?

Cheers for any advice :smashin:

2. LenScott

LenScott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi and welcome,

As far as I know, the abyss has not been released in anamorphic in either Region 1 or Region 2.

Regards

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,873
    There isn't a version of The Abyss anywhere (although the menus are). The picture is still excellent and beats my laserdisc version. I do think the PAL version is still better than the NTSC DVD.

It is definetly worth getting the region 2 versions of Armagedon and From Dusk till Dawn. They are both anamorphic transfers.

All three can be found cheap now.