1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia T122 I think

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Icarus, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Icarus

Icarus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have had a freeview box about three weeks and the signal was pretty poor, freezing, blocky etc and the signal was hovering around the 30% mark.

Had a new aerial mounted on the chimney and after retuning all the stations the picture appears to be smoother and the signal strength is now about 50%. The installer chap was not convinced that fitting a new lead with no joins instead of the three or four joins that are in the existing lead would improve things any further. This lead is at least 25 years old so not modern satellite stuff at all.

What is your opinion? If I had a new lead fitter with no joints would the digital strength increase and what effect does a stronger signal have?

Does the digital or analogue image improve still further as the signal strength improves?

2. morphy

morphy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well mate i install freeview/Sky and would never install a new aerial without changing the cable especially if its got 4 joints,

to get the best out of freeview you ideally should install double screened cable as this stops lots of other probs,

where abouts are you in north london could possibly pop over and check your signal FOC on spectrum.:clap:

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I would be better with new cable, but the picture will not improve, with digital it’s either their or its not.

4. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well removing the splitter will increase the signal 4x to the box, but make sure you are using decent cables, like some CT100 sattelite cable, or at least some 75 ohm coaxal aerial cable.

Rich