Nokia N8 Screensaver/Screen Lock Issue

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Olly C, Nov 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Olly C

Olly C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,853
    Hi guys just wondering if anyone has any idea's how to sort my little issue out..

Basically last night I was sending text and had an Opera page open in the background too and towards the morning I went to get the phone out of my pocket and it was off and pretty warm too, tried pressing any and every button on it to no avail.. I get home and plug it on charge and it seemed to have run out of battery even though it was at atleast 75% when I last checked it that night (half hourly maybe)

Well now its back on and seems ok except one thing.. When you lock the keypad usually it instantly goes to my digital big clock screen saver then you can click the home button and press unlock or slide to unlock again BUT right now it's doing kind of the opposite, when I lock it the screen freezes to the picture of whatever is on it and stays there (clock runs and alerts like text come up on the home screen still) but if you press the home button it brings up the lock screen with the big clock for 5 seconds and the option to unlock etc?

So my phone is currently always on the main screen and never dims or goes to the big clock screen saver when locked any ideas?

I've turned it on and off, changed theme's and screen savers along with a few other things but no joy so far... Hopefully its an easy fix somehow?

Cheers Olly.

2. dennis1

dennis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    try pressing the on/off button for about 8 seconds (should feel 3 vibrations) then turn it on again.may not work,but that is a reset. ;)

3. Olly C

Olly C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,853
    Just tried this, hasn't helped unfortunately.. :(

Also this minor issue is a bigger problem due to the screen being 'on' the whole time it drains the battery much worse as there's no screen saver coming in.. :rolleyes:

4. Olly C

Olly C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,853
    Ok, googled it just now and it appears to be quite a common problem with atleast 4 threads on the Nokia Support Forums about it..

Nokia Support Forum Thread

I looked there and did the screen lock idea and it didn't help, then did the hard reset for the second time and it seems to have resolved the problem :thumbsup: Slightly wierd and worrying issue to have though..

5. dennis1

dennis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    had to do mine a couple of times now,still,at least you got it working again. :smashin: