Nokia N73 & Satellite Navigation

SuperOxford

I am due an upgrade and at the moment am favouring a Nokia N73. How much would it cost to get a decent & reliable satellite navigation program up and running on it? anyone got any programs they could recommend?

Do you have to pay anything other than the initial cost? any connection charges whilst you are using it? Hope thats not a stupid question?

Allblackdup

Novice Member
Have a look on the N73 discussion thread. I'm sure someone mentions sat nav on there.

:)

ma1234

Novice Member
Allblackdup said:
Have a look on the N73 discussion thread. I'm sure someone mentions sat nav on there.

:)
I was one that mentioned the satnav on the N73, I have Navicore 2006 running on my N73. I had it running on my N70 before this, it runs at the moment perfectly ok on my N73 but... the N73 is not currently a supported phone by Navicore so you will have to bear this in mind should you go ahead and purchase it. I can get no reason for the non-support from Navicore (it may be the phone is too new, they may have found a problem etc)
The Navicore software includes free camera downloads and free traffic updates for life. The software can be purchased as a kit including receiver or the software can be downloaded from the Navicore site if you already have the receiver and memory card. Others you may wish to check on are Route 66 or wait to see if/when Tomtom ever make their software S60v3 compatible.
Hope this helps but please do take heed of my highlighted warning.

SuperOxford

Thanks for your help. I will have a look at the others you mentioned before making a final decision.

Am i right then that there is no further cost after buying the software (that preumbably comes with everything you need)

ma1234

Novice Member
You will need the software and a GPS receiver, I know Navicore sell it either as a package inc. receiver or as a software only package if you already have a receiver. You will need to check with others how their product is sold. You are correct once you have purchased their is no further costs unless you use e.g. the traffic updates. These use the phones GPRS/3G connection to keep up to date but can usually be turned off if you don't want to use them. The downloads however are very small on the Navicore product around 40-60k so costs are kept to a minimum. Hope this helps.

richard plumb

Route 66 is available in N73 compatible format - don't know if it uses the full resolution of the screen (only have an old version)

You can buy it without the GPS (just the software) for about £70. Or a kit if you want. Worth a look