Nokia N70 - Release date?

Jedwards

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any information on when the Nokia N70 is due to be released on the Orange network?

Many thanks!,

J

It's out!!

I don't think it's out on all networks - ie ORANGE.
Orange are usually very late after 'testing' phones before releasing on their networ.

I'm waiting for it on T-Mobile, I think it is available on vodaphone.

Steve

Well, its on the Orange website for £99.99 with a new contract so Im assuming it is out!

It's just appeared on T-mobiles website, but not on walk & web 200, only 100 & 400 ?!?!?
I would like 200 minutes and walk and web includes 40Mb for a good price, and without any web browsing 'garden wall' restrictions. I'm hoping that T-mobile is unrestricted.

Steve

Released on Orange UK today.

S.

ordered mine as part of an upgrade from orange today moving from a D500 i had for 7/8 months to the N70 costing me 50 quid upgrade and 29.99 for phone. had to ring Orange though not available via website

Steve_P said:
Released on Orange UK today.

S.
The N70 actually came in on friday and the 10 we got in were sold within 2 hrs in our store, very nice phone but I still like the 8800 but so damn expensive even 2 staff! :eek:

Ordered mine yesterday. £29.99 for the upgrade which I guess isn't too bad.

Many thanks for all your replies...

Ordered mine on upgrade today, got it for free and 500 texts thrown in so Im well chuffed! :thumbsup:

Anyone had a play around with this yet? Quite interested in its features but a bit worried about its size. It looks quite chunky?

ordered yesterday recieved today its on charge surprised how good it felt in hand when put me contacts in considerin i got big fat fingers and its a small keypad

ordered mine on tuesady got it on wednesday from t-mobile, has to be the best phone i have ever had, brillaint build, excellent camera and most importantly ease of use and the button lay out. i have treid the 3g video call which is now available on t-mobile (15p to t-mobile ,50p other networks) superb!

have to say not happy about the charger being different to standard nokia chargers, one thing i liked about nokia was the fact most people i know what one model or another and using the charger if my battery was low at other peoples houses wasnt an issue, over well chuffed!

Tried it in an Orange shop yesterday and it's not that chunky, not too heavy - but in my opinion really sluggish. It just lagged anything - menu button, hotkeys on the home page, anything. And this was brand new out of a box.

So I'm giving it a miss.

Orange have loaded there homescreen on top which apparently runs a bit sluggish and not easy to get rid of. It is a little annoying that i will grant but the phones good

Can't decide between this and a W800. At the moment the fact that W800 has autofocus means it has the edge, for now...

Got mine yesterday and have had 24 hours to play with it.The cameras excellent and video footage is a lot sharper than previous nokia phones. It looks great and feels great. Only two niggles are that it is a bit slow(takes ages for the phone to start up) and menus do lag. It also has a small keypad which makes texting a bit fiddly thus far but hopefully I'll get used to it!

i have n70 in stock

shahedz said:
have to say not happy about the charger being different to standard nokia chargers, one thing i liked about nokia was the fact most people i know what one model or another and using the charger if my battery was low at other peoples houses wasnt an issue, over well chuffed!

i am quite annoyed at that also, I am trying to remember to carry the "big charger to small charger" connection lead with me wherever I go. I also bought a spare N70 compatable charger for work from a glasgow based ebayer for about £4 including delivery.

trainspotter said:
i am quite annoyed at that also, I am trying to remember to carry the "big charger to small charger" connection lead with me wherever I go. I also bought a spare N70 compatable charger for work from a glasgow based ebayer for about £4 including delivery.

The 6101 was the same. I suspect all future Nokias will have the same new smaller charger.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom