• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nokia E63 on Virgin PAYG questions

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
I am thinking of purchasing a Nokia E63 on a PAYG basis, the phone is linked below

Virgin Mobile (uk) - Product Details

It states that if I top up by £20 per month I will get unlimited web access (upto 1gb per month, not my definition of unlimited but meh) this will be fine as i will be using this allowance to simply allow myself to use the phone as a wireless hotspot via a program like Joikuspot. This will be useful for me when I am on the road. Does anyone know whether or not the Virgin service would work in this manner?

RobM

Distinguished Member
Virgin Mobile (uk) - Our Service

Those are the T&C's for their mobile broadband and there is no mention of forbidding tethering (using phone as a modem). It does state no VOIP though, so you would assume they would also explicitly list any other type of use they do not allow.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom