1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia CARK-91 Volume

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by frog, Jun 22, 2003.

1. frog

frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, anyone ever manage to increase the volume of the speaker connected to a CARK-91 hands free kit ?

Have recently installed mine, and it's not quite loud enough for me.

Better still, how easily could I pipe it through the car stereo ? Can you derive line level outputs from it that would plug into an amp ?

Cheers

2. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you adjusted the handset volume?

When in the carkit it's different to normal use so may need increasing for that profile.

Mine's seriously loud, and the speaker is in the passsenger footwell.

You can feed it through the stereo, but only if the stereo supports it as an auxilliary feed...

3. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    You have a few options.

First of all, companies like autoleads provide wiring looms that go inline with the speakers and have a relay to switch between inputs. As such, when you use the phone, it cuts the stereo and allows the phone to use the car speakers.

The warning here is that autoleads are of very poor quality and although they claim they have a version for every car, they don't always work.

Secondly, you could get a more sensitive speaker and mount it somewhere else.

Having said this, the speaker on my CARK91 is pretty loud so I am not sure how loud you want it?

4. frog

frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys, tried the volume setup and it's no good, already maxed out... I will look into the speaker sensitivity/location, then maybe investigate autoloeads.

BTW: I need it loud cos my car is old, poor soundproofing, etc... and has a noisy sports exhaust, same kit in a modern saab 9-5 is perfect...

Frog