1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 8800

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by wacko-jacko, Apr 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. wacko-jacko

wacko-jacko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has anyone seen a nokia 8800 in the flesh.. looks cool on the net

cuold be the next buy :smashin:

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Personally I thought it looked rather ugly - not on my "wants" list. I'm contemplating the Black V3 to compliment my Silver one :) Also would really like the Mototola MPx. The Sony K750i looks interesting with a 2 megapixel camera as well.

I honestly think Nokia have dropped the proverbial ball a long time ago. Proof? Samsung are number 2.

3. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek: The fact Nokia are No 1 SE are number 2 and Samsung crrep in at 2 with the odd e700 or d500 now and then who is your number 1. :devil:

4. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I'm not talking about "My number 1" here.

Nokia is currently still the #1 manufacturer and Samsung are now #2.

The topic was regarding the 8800 and my opinion is I thought it was particularly ugly and I wouldn't buy one. I stated other phones I'd rather purchase currently for whatever reason - nothing more.

As stated, Nokia have dropped the ball on phone technology and design in the last few years. The horrible 3650 with the keys in a circle? The 7600 square 3G phone that wasn't 3G? The 7280 that has a mirror for a screen and no keypad (great for texting Nokia!) which is "aimed at women"? The 7700 that never came out and is now the 7710?

These are examples of how Samsung is now the #2 manufacturer, SE are snapping at their heels and Nokia's huge lead is now getting smaller. Motorola with their V3 and V6's are closing the gap also (although I will say they need to work a bit more on user interfaces).

5. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Personally - I think the 8800 is gorgeous! Can't wait for it to drop! Hopefully, Orange will carry it asap, and just in time for my upgrade [beginning of 3rd quarter!]

Yeay! It looks so sleak! Love it!