1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 7650

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Spunky, Apr 5, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brilliant camera phone, although limited to the memory 4mb, so not good for playing mp3's. This little phone does everything you could ever need and theres loads of software developed for it, you can even use it as a remote for your tele- mine works from 5 metres away :eek:
    The camera software supplied isn't the best but theres a nice little programme out there called photographer which is really good at boosting the image and getting the best from it.
    I really couldn't do with out mine especially for the calender and the email function.
    Ahh sweet sweet phone i think i'm goingt to go and play with it now, hmmmmm :zonked:
    Oh another thing you can use it as a remote camera and spy on people using the bluetooth connection........ :devil:

Spunky

2. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You can now also download software from nokia that allows you to take 10 second video clips. The resolution is a bit rough but not bad considering it's a phone. Video Camera Software is here

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
  4. pingtuk

pingtuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't know you could use the 7650 as a remote, sounds cool! What is this software called and where can you get it from?

I have to agree with you about the 7650, its the best mobile I've ever had! If it had a memory card slot it would be perfect! :)

5. W0zza

W0zza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is indeed a great phone.... :clap:

My advice is to get a Bloothtooth card for your PC, then you can synchronise your address book with your Outlook, very handy if you lose your phone :eek: (as I just have, but thats another thread).

Also, I had something called 'Space Doubler' on mine, was quite nifty, basically compressed whatever you wanted to give you more space, although I have heard of something else (sorry cant rem the name) that does the same but is even better....

The using as a remote sounds cool, what a way to wind up the Missus while Eastenders is on :laugh:

6. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    just got one off these great phones but do not know how to download new software such as the video recorder to my phone.Im on a mac pc and am not sure if i need a data cable or an infared link from the comp'.please help!!!!!
    many thanks

7. pingtuk

pingtuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll need either a Infra-red or Bluetooth adaptor. I'm currently using the MA620 USB Infra Red Adapter which was only £30 odd and it works a treat. You'll have to use the Nokia PC suite software to install the programs.

I'm not sure how this will help you seeing how you've got a mac. Maybe you can run some PC software on your mac but I don't know that much apple Macs.

EDIT: I still can't find any remote control software for the 7650! Please help anyone!

8. pingtuk

pingtuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found it! This software just makes me love my 7650 even more!
    Now I can start playing some channel swapping tricks on people. :devil:

You can download a trial edition from here if anyones interested.
    http://www.psiloc.com/?id=prod&nrp=84

9. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry i would have given you the link, for the remote, but i didn't check back for a while.
    Space doubler is a great app and goes someway to eleviate some of the memory problems with the phone.

As for the macs, sorry i'm no use there, the only thing i would suggest would be to contact Nokia for the PC suite software and then download the programs needed for the phone, mac should have a bluetooth dongle out there somewhere that'll work. Or you could buy a cable for the phone, i've saw them around for around £20.

You can also download some software over the GPRS connection straight to the phone and install it.

These are the extras i've got on mine:
    Stacker 3.0- Compresser
    Doris Webbrowser- Internet viewer
    SeleQ- Phone directory browser
    Xonix- Game
    RS60- A remote app so i can do anything on my phone from my PC
    Photographer and Snails occasionally get installed and removed, depending on how much memory i've got left.

I couldn't live without the calender function too which updates outlook. Oh and my ring tone is the Rugrats theme, for those who are interested :blush:

Spunky

10. pingtuk

pingtuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs Spunky. I've also got that space doubler and it comes in handy.

I tried that Doris Webbrowser but found out it needs GPRS which is currently not on my mobile. I too have silly ringtones such as the A-team theme. :blush:

One game I've got on it, which I think is great, is good old Yahtzee! I've installed Doom before and graphically it was better than even the Game Boy Advance version! Had to quickly uninstall it though as there was no space for anything else after installing that monster of a game!

11. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to transfer all my phone numbers from my phone to my sim card on the 7650, short of copying them one by one?

Any help please....

Thanx,

Emissary.:clap:

12. starshiptrooper

starshiptrooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shame also that its Bluetooth is Data ONLY and NOT hands Free as well..............unlike other Bluetooth phones.