1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 7250

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by bobbles, Apr 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this new phone looks very nice indeed

very small too considering the in built camera

Attached Files:

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I've just been reading some comments from users of this phone and it doesn't appear to be well recieved.Below are some of the comments ( they are from different users btw, not just one who doesn't like it).

''I've just got a refund on the 7250 and got the 3650, the camera qual on the 7250 is crap,and no bluetooth either,and finally the phone rattle's to death when you have the vibrate on''

''my bro has got the 7250, and in my opinion, its cack' its ugly & plastic and not nice to hold. and the keys get on my tits. i thought they would have sorted all the problems with the 7210 before releasing a similar thing with a camera. theres no sodding blue tooth!''

I was looking for a new handset as well :(

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    interesting lynx, i thought it looked nice

well i am well happy with my panny gd87 though

4. pwhite8314

pwhite8314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I can add my 2p's worth.

I've been using a 6210 for the past year or so, but as I needed a tri-band, I had to upgrade. The 6310i was the obvious chioce (especially as I've got a bluetooth carkit), but I wanted a change.

I started with the 6100, which is marketed as a 'business phone'. Didn't like it. Cheap feel, and very suspect sound quality - kind of like the internal earpeice was loose in its' mount.

Took it back, and swapped it for a 6610, basically a smaller version of the 6100, but without the radio. It's a nicer phone, but still felt a bit 'insubstantial'. I used it for a week in the State's, then returned it (very nice people at CPW!).

I've now got a 7250, and I'm reasonably happy with it. To address the points above, yes, it rattles a bit when the vibe is on, but that's the trade of for inter-changable covers. It is, however, a powerful vibe, so there's a trade-off there. The cover is plastic, not metal as it might appear in the ads. However, it's pretty good quality, and the keys are good too. They're all visible at night, which was always my bugbear with the 6210. They're good for SMS too - I'm not a serial texter, but probably send 10-15 a day.

Batt life is pretty good - my monthly bill is around £500, and so far it's not gone flat on me. I've also got the Nokia Music station on my desk, so that tends to keep it charged up.

THe camera quality is OK - TBH they're all pretty crap, they'll not replace a 3meg camera for a few years, so if you accept it for what it is (an occasionally useful gadget) then it's OK. At least the phone is still small in comparison to some other cam-phones.

I've waffled enough. I did look at the P800, but it was too big, and it would take a lot to drag me away from the Nokia menu structure, which I've now lived with for over 10 years. I had a Motorola Timeport when I was last in the US, and hated every minute I had to use it.

The bottom line is that more people are having to buy phones off-contract, so Nokia are now building to a price point which has the potential to impact the quality of the phone. None of today's phones will be working well in 5 years time, but take a look at the 10 year old brick of a phone buried in a drawer somewhere - I'll bet thet would still power up if you had the charger for it!