Nokia 6600 Help please!

DavidCook

Standard Member
Reaction score
Recently got 6600 on O2 contract. I can't get it to accept MP3 or MP4 data or any other file extension. Keeps coming up with 'Gallery error unknown file format'
I've tried downloading the trial versions MP3 go and ultra MP3 but neither work. Reads 'System error'

My real questions are
Is the phone MP3 compatible like The link website states?

Is it possible to play music of any file type on this phone.?

Is it broke?
What can I try next?

Thanks
DavidCook

was looking to get one of these, but all i can see it only plays/stores java2 true tones, poly tones and normal ring tones.
it will play streaming audio.
for mp3 you will need a phone with an mmc media card for storage of files, this along with only a 9 sec video rec time put me off it.

I have been having the same problems with my 6600 and gave up as i'd never actually get round to using it as an MP3 player.

You might like to look at www.mobiledia.com and search the nokia forum on there as it has been discussed numerous times. You might even get someone to email you some software.

Hope this helps

It can play mp3's but the output onthe phone is only mono, so dont expect superb sound quality.
The phone is compatible with MMC cards so memory shouldnt be a problem and the issue with the 9 second limit video recording can always be sorted out with th right 3rd party software.
I can currently record videos with sound for 40 seconds with software currently being developed for unlimited video recording.

Thanks for your reply's everyone. I will try a few things and hopefully the problem will be corrected. -->Monkeynuts, thanks for the website address, there is quite a bit of stuff on there about it and the site is ahandy for reference. Any other help or tips will be appreciated.

cheers 4 the heads up m8s, worth another look, but why have to mess with it, if its got it why not flaunt it???? :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom