Nokia 6303: Ringtone/volume Question....

Paul MC007

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just purchased a Nokia 6303 today - excellent phone, but I've got one quick questions to anyone that might know the answer!

I know the ringtone volume on these phones are not brilliantly loud, but no matter what MP3 ringtone I use, it always starts off for the first 5 seconds or so on a quieter volume then gets suddenly louder. I checked that I had the setting on "ringing" (and not ascending obviously) - which it's definately on 'ringing' (general profile) .. I've got the volume set to the max as well. So, is this "normal" for this phone, when it rings, to play the set mp3 ringtone one volume and then suddenly get louder? (It doesn't do this if you are 'testing' the mp3 in the set up - only when the someone calls you and it rings).

Cheers for any help!

Just to answer my own question (!!!) I've noticed now, in the manual, it says, if you select the highest volume ringtone, then when the phone rings, "after a few seconds" the phone will reach that highest volume level.

Crazy.

Surely, if you set it on the highest level ringtone, you want the phone to ring at that one level?

Do other Nokia's do this??!!!!!

Just to answer my own question (!!!) I've noticed now, in the manual, it says, if you select the highest volume ringtone, then when the phone rings, "after a few seconds" the phone will reach that highest volume level.

Crazy.

Surely, if you set it on the highest level ringtone, you want the phone to ring at that one level?

Do other Nokia's do this??!!!!!

Its a health thing so that the noise doesn't deafen you or something like that. I had a nokia 6230i which did the same thing. Its a 'feature'. Not sure why some nokia handsets have it and others don't though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom