Nokia 6280

tonycb6

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i notice that the phone is now on vodafone,does anyone have this phone,and have opinion on the phone?i know its already on "3".Iwas waiting for the N80 to come out but after 10 days of the N70 i think i will give the N80 a wide birth.

tony

iv sold around 200 in the past 2 months and no one ever returned one coz they dont like it.

iv had 4 returns due to faults (switches off randomly and refuses to come on for around 10 mins)

other than that no bad reports, oh except internal memory cud be better but hey it has mem card slot an comes with a 64mb card inc

Should be soon, i have been looking at this phone and have been checking voda,orange and o2 and all state march,so any time soon we hope!

tony

defo take a 1gb

what confuses me however is the non 3g version is actually bigger than the 3g version!

strange!

krismc said:
defo take a 1gb

what confuses me however is the non 3g version is actually bigger than the 3g version!

strange!

Thanks. Yeah I was talking about that with some work friends don't understand Nokia sometimes. Had a play with the phone yesterday, it's very impressive for a none Smartphone.

Just spoke to orange and the 6280 has been put back to the week beginning 3rd April.

personally i hate what orange do to their phones!
they mess around with the software far too much!
their prices are a bit silly
and the premier plan!
supposed to have like a vip number for cust services etc!
i used to be on premier 900, had a problem rang the "vip" number
was on hold for 30 mins! hung up.... dialled the normal orange operator number and got thru without being on hold for even 20 secs
their insurance however is great!

Had the 6280 for 10 days now and just received my 3rd phone! The first one had a really loose slider and dust was stuck under the front screen after just one day. The second one (collected today) had a dead pixel dead centre of the screen and a wonky slider as well as switching itself off when I pushed the side button to activate the camera. I've noted the serial nubers from all units to compare the faults.....the battery cover on all three units was manufactured Nov 05. My 3rd unit came this morning and is dead pixel free and has a slider that is acceptable rather than great. The phone looks great and is easy to use.....however Nokia seem to have let their QC slip right down the toilet. The phone is on 3 and I have found there customer service to be very good which was a pleasant surprise. Hope this helps anyone thinking of getting this phone.

just had a customer mentioning the dust problem!

I just got my nokia 6280...
and I don't know if there's a feature on this thing that I need to turn off... though I don't understand why such a feature would exist in the first place....
but when I'm on the phone and another call comes in, my present call reverts to the speaker phone for like 4 or 5 seconds before going back to normal mode. I can't figure out WHY it does this as it's so annoying.

Anyone know how to stop that from happening?

Thanks

sarll said:
Just spoke to orange and the 6280 has been put back to the week beginning 3rd April.

i've been waiting for this to appear on Orange, but their website STILL says "coming soon"

Anyone got any inside info when this might be available on Orange? :boring:

I wouldn't hold your breath for a 6280 from orange. I'm rung them quite a bit recently and its not coming out till next month now....apparently they've had it in testing for a couple of months but it keeps failing there quality checks. I suppose its good of them not to just rush out an unreliable phone but i want it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom