Nokia 6280. Any good?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by realslimcookie, Aug 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello all,
    I am due to have a phone upgrade in a couple of weeks and so i am having a realistic look at what they will offer me for free-low cost upgrade. The Nokia 6280 looks good, apart from internal memory but a memory card will see to that problem. Other than that it looks the nuts. I was wondering if anybody already had this phone and if so what it was like. My current phone is a Samsung D500.

Regards,

Realslim...

2. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Go tthis for my wife a few months ago - really a good phone. I ike it a lot, she thinks it's great - now I'm sorely tempted to go back to Nokia from SE, as the pc sync is so easy, the screen is good and large, the pics are OK, the reception is good - like it. Doubt you will be disappointed. Will try and figure out how to get the email to work on it this weekend I think as well. I'm toying with N73 or N80 right now (just for wifi on the latter) but cost is still way up there.....

3. cracker

cracker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I use an N80 as my main phone but i use a 6280 as my spare phone, and i find it very good. Obviously if you want the features of a smart-phone you would need something else, but if you are just looking for a decent phone with a normal O/S rather than symbian etc its pretty good

4. hardiz

hardiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    6280 build quality is very poor, it is one of the cheapest made phones i have seen in a long while

5. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I had a 6280 but ended up sending it back as even though id had battery charging for 12 hours when i first got the handset the battery life on the handset was very poor only lasting 1 day and i wasnt using it loads :thumbsdow .

The build quality was average and no auto focus on the camera apart from that i quite liked it lol and tbh if battery wasnt so bad id kept it.

6. cracker

cracker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Well i got a very recent 6280 from O2 and the build-quality was fine. Slider mechanism is very solid and still springs out and locks back nicely. The battery is fine too, lasts 5-7 days

7. davethetekkie

davethetekkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    6280 is one of a number of recent Nokia handsets that was delayed due to severe software problems and is also a regular on my call logs at work for complaints. Slider mechs are second only to software failures in complaints.