1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6230 with 200 mins croos-network £1.99 pcm

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by AndyFov, Mar 25, 2005.

1. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Over at www.e2save.com on T Mobile, subsidised via cashback.

Bear in mind that the 6230 is a valuable phone, worth £100 or so 2nd hand, and with 200mins xnet to boot, this deal is a stonker! :) Also, E2save are a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse, so no shady fly-by-night outfit.

I have an affiliate link, which I use to raise money for a charity a friend
    of mine works for. It's called Amy's Retreat, and it cares for kids with
    cancer - I raised nearly £130 with the 7600 deal, and am hoping to raise a
    bit more here.

Here's the link...

http://www.e2save.com/?money4me794196 Shouldn't take too much fishing about to find the 6230.

About the charity:

http://www.amysretreat.org.uk/

I've a letter from Amy's Retreat thanking AVforums bods for the cash raised over Christmas with the 7600 promotion - I'll get that scanned and uploaded when I get a moment.

Happy Easter y'all!

Andy

2. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anybody had any dealings getting their 'cashback' from e2save?

3. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I bought a 7600 last year, and will soon be claiming my first instalment. It's not an automatic process as it is with Carphone Warehouse, instead they're giving you a chance to forget to send in your 6th and 12th invoices. They've a good rep on the telecoms NGs though.

Just to add that there are 3 pending orders on my affiliate link, so with £30 for each T Mob sign up, that's another £115 to Amy's Retreat after tax aid has been declared. Thanks to whoever you are - enjoy your new phones!

Andy

4. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    But how does it work with the 18month contract? don't you then have to pay the those extra 6 months at £29 a time as the 12 months at £1.99 will have run out?

(i have a E2SAVE 3 contract on 12months half price and am yet to send the 6th month bill, but there information regarding sending back the bills is much better than phones4u who i have another similar contract with)

Also a note to ad, i've just received a bill from 3 for a £4.99 a month Nokia 7600 contract bought through carphonewarehouse site, which i sent back the day it arrived (should never have arrived in the first place!) i've cancelled the contract twice already!!

5. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Looking at it, it does look like the monthly payments revert to £29 after one year, whether you're still tied in at that point or not is unclear, but in any event the worst case scenario is:

12 months @ £1.99
    6 months @ £29.00

Total cost for 18 months is £197.88 or £10.99 pcm (average) - which isn't at all bad for a Nokia 6230 with 200 xnet minutes.

Bearing in mind anyone looking to sell their phone from the off is likely to get £150 for it, having researches ebay's recent cloased auctions... That brings the cost for the 200mins cross-net airtime down to under £3 per month.

Attached is the letter of thanks from Amy's Retreat for those who bought the 7600 over Christmas. Please remember my affiliate link only raises cash for charity, and it always will. If there's anything you ever see at E2save please remember to come back here and buy from this link. Thank you!

Andy

Attached Files: