Nokia 6230 Or SE t630

tech

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im due for a phone upgrade and and looking at these 2, I currently have a Nokiat 6310i which i really like the way you can have loads of no. and e-mail address under the one contact rather than having to use the same name too store a office no or e-mail address, I know both the T630 and 6230 have Ir and Bluetooth so its a quesiton of which is a better phone?

is this even a question. the sony ericsson t630 is a series 40 handset while the nokia 6230 is a series 60 handset. the t610 is just an updated version of the t610with a facelift. the 6230 has 0.3 megapixel camera while the t630 has 0.1 megapixel. i advise you to not even consider the t630. nokia are the only make that will let let you store e-mail, number etc under 1 name and al they new handsets allow you to do that. i advise you to choose between the 6230 ( crammed with the latest features into tiny handset but not great picturequality) the nokia 6670 and 7610. theseare the latest handsets from nokia and you will find the menu system almost the same. Do not get the samsung D500 as i have that and it does not allow you to do the same things as a nokia.

is this even a question. the sony ericsson t630 is a series 40 handset while the nokia 6230 is a series 60 handset. the t610 is just an updated version of the t610with a facelift. the 6230 has 0.3 megapixel camera while the t630 has 0.1 megapixel. i advise you to not even consider the t630. nokia are the only make that will let let you store e-mail, number etc under 1 name and al they new handsets allow you to do that. i advise you to choose between the 6230 ( crammed with the latest features into tiny handset but not great picturequality) the nokia 6670 and 7610. theseare the latest handsets from nokia and you will find the menu system almost the same as your 6310i. Do not get the samsung D500 as i have that and it does not allow you to do the same things as a nokia handset would allow.

tech
motorola's also allow you to store unlimited email and phone numbers under the same name.

tech said:
Im due for a phone upgrade and and looking at these 2, I currently have a Nokiat 6310i which i really like the way you can have loads of no. and e-mail address under the one contact rather than having to use the same name too store a office no or e-mail address, I know both the T630 and 6230 have Ir and Bluetooth so its a quesiton of which is a better phone?

if you want another nokia, wiat for the 7710!!!

It looks really good and has some great features.

Of course you could have a totally different view from everyone else above, like me. I had the Nokia 6230 and dumped it in favour of the SE T630 a few months ago.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that Nokia's are more user friendly in terms of their menus etc, the issue for me was Nokia's arrogance when it comes to bluetooth. They seem to think that provided their phones talk to their bluetooth accessories that everything is ok. The 6230 will not communicate with the bluetooth kit factory fitted in my car which is why I had to switch to the T630. My wife has a Nokia bluetooth 610 car kit fitted in her car and it will only communicate with a limited range of Nokia handsets (6310i will not work either) and certainly not my SE T630.

Despite being a Nokia fan in the past I would say they are missing the plot now when it comes to business users.

Of course if this is not an issue for you then go with the Nokia.

katorik said:
Of course you could have a totally different view from everyone else above, like me. I had the Nokia 6230 and dumped it in favour of the SE T630 a few months ago.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that Nokia's are more user friendly in terms of their menus etc, the issue for me was Nokia's arrogance when it comes to bluetooth. They seem to think that provided their phones talk to their bluetooth accessories that everything is ok. The 6230 will not communicate with the bluetooth kit factory fitted in my car which is why I had to switch to the T630. My wife has a Nokia bluetooth 610 car kit fitted in her car and it will only communicate with a limited range of Nokia handsets (6310i will not work either) and certainly not my SE T630.

Despite being a Nokia fan in the past I would say they are missing the plot now when it comes to business users.

Of course if this is not an issue for you then go with the Nokia.
i relly don't know which bluetooth is worse out of those 2 phones. the t630 has security issues and SE bluetooth never seems to work very well. bluetooth on the 6230 is known to be a bit of a hassle in that its apparently quite error-prone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom