Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Nokia 6230 Music Player

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by SuperOxford, Aug 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SuperOxford

SuperOxford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have been using the music player for a while now with no problems. I have used a card reader to transfer aac converted music onto the mmc card. Today i changed the music i had on the card and now when i select Music Player on the 6230 it says 'No Music Files Found'

If i use the Media Player the music plays ok. What had gone wrong? Any ideas how i can get the Music Player to work again??

2. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Try wiping it and formatting the card, make sure you give the card a name (Nokia foible).

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Do you have your Music files in a sub-directory?

One of the problems with the current firmware is that there is no file recognition for mp3 files outside of the root directory when using MMC cards in conjunction with the Media Player (IIRC - I had a similar problem not so long ago when I first got mine). If you select the files independantly by accessing them through the "My Gallery" feature, you should find that all is well. Try moving any files you have into the root directory if this is the case :)

Let us know how you get on...

K.

4. SuperOxford

SuperOxford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    How do i do that?

if i choose gallery the MMC card folder is there. Also a folder called 'Music Files' Is that where i need to move the aac encoded files to? if i do then how do i do it?

Sorry but just cant work it out.

5. halfnakedfreak

halfnakedfreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem. The music player was not able to detect the mp3s on my 256 mb mmc. Just bought a bluetooh dongle for my PC. I belive you can solve this by saving first your MP3s on the music files folder of the phone before placing it on the mmc. I'll try it later.

If you have other suggestions, I'll be more than glad to hear it.

6. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,830
    Come across this old thread in a search so you may well have solve the problems, but if not here's an easy way. Get the Nokia Suite on your PC and copy the MP3's to anywhere you like on the MMC and then make a playlist pointing to the files.

Here's a full guide on what to do --> http://forums.mobymemory.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=13&MessageID=480