1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6100 Connected To Laptop

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Rasczak, Jun 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Hi,

This is probably a bit of a long shot but thought I would try anyway.

I have recently purchase the Nokia 6100 with Vodafone. I have also purchased the DRU-5 data cable that connects the 6100 to a laptop PC via the USB port. Now the phone itself works fine - it works as a phone, it's GRPS/WAP features work as expected etc. The Data Cable connection between the phone and the laptop also works to the extent that I can use Nokia's latest PC Suite (v5.01). However I cannot get the PC to use the telephone as a modem - either to simply dialup a ISP or to use the GRPS features.

I have downloaded Vodafone's 'ConnectMe' software. Whilst this doesn't allow you to select my particular phone it does allow you to select it the already installed mobile afterwards. However when I try to connect it just says "Error 633 - Serial Port already in use". I setup the connection manually - using the settings on the Vodafone website and it said exactly the same.

I tried downloading the latest 6100 driver from the Nokia website - exactly the same results. I've tried reinstalling the software - no effect.

I think I'm going to have to admit defeat - which is annoying because it SHOULD work. One things for certain though - I will never buy another Nokia - the manual was crap, there site is even worse and they charge premium rate for any advice (Monday-Friday).:mad:

If anyone has been this unlucky with there phone I would be greatful for any reply.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Can i suggest you take both item into a Vodafone store and get them to help. One point have you tried using the IR interface as some phones thill only work (internal modem ) over IR. Also try turning modem on. I set a mates 3650 on voda up over IR the other week. but i know the 6210 has a funny setupo i cant get the HCSD thingy to work on orange because of a problem with Windows millenium and IR!!!!
    PS maplins are doing USB IR ports for £20

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Cheers - I might give the IR route a go.