• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nokia 5800 with screen corruption after update v50

Samorlg

Have you tried downgrading your firmware and see if that helps
Can't be downgraded I'm afraid, if it could I would most certainly be doing that. Looks like the screen is at fault here, shall try a new genuine Nokia screen to see if it rectifies the problem as described in the thread I posted.

Samorlg

Had a thought, what do people think of trying to replace the new screen with the faulty old one and using the Nokia update to reflash the firmware and then replace the old LCD with the new one, would this correct the issue do you think?

Samorlg

Right, I changed the screen over to the old broken one, couldn't see a thing but what was working was the touch screen, this was only working on the left hand side and at that just a fraction, but with the old screen in place it worked all over the screen which tells me that my new screen is a fake after market LCD probably from HKG, so I think the Nokia forum thread I've posted goes true, V50 FW doesn't damage the phone, it's just a cheap Ebay screen that makes it look like it does.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom