• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nokia 5800-phone memory

quietlife

I'm having problems with my phone running out of memory. Of the 85mb internal memory, I've got less than 1mb available. I've been through it and transferred everything that I can to the memory card (which is only half full)

Every App is on the memory card, all the pics are on the card, I've deleted all my messages (inbox, sent) and am now at a complete loss. What is taking up all the memory?

Zooks

If on the memory screen you press options>memory details>phone memory it will show you whats in the phone memory. After doing a quick google it looks like a common problem with the phone storing a high number of 'other files', my own 5800 has 50mb of other files too!.

Last edited:

bernado

Might be worth looking at the phone memory via the file manager application. I found various installation files that had been left behind after I had uninstalled applications. I thought these were removed automatically, but not in all cases it seems

quietlife

Thanks. I've cleared the cache and moved new messages to the memory card, which has cleared 10mb. I think I might try a hard reset as that seems to solve the problem.

Beximus

Might be worth looking at the phone memory via the file manager application. I found various installation files that had been left behind after I had uninstalled applications. I thought these were removed automatically, but not in all cases it seems
I wondered this, but can't find anything in my installed files folder. But still, everytime I download an app onto my memory card, I lose space on the phone memory which I can't see how to get back. My guess would be that it's putting the files into a temp folder and not deleting when done, but I don't know how to get to it, nor which files would be the right ones to delete.

bernado

The installation file won't reside in an app folder. It'll be in downloads or some other folder. Have you looked in all the folders on the phone's memory via file manager?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom