Nokia 3.2 wifi issues

sep8001

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi

My friend has a Nokia 3.2 mobile phone and over the last month the phone disconnects from wifi and does not automatically connect. If we manually connect it keeps dropping connection. He has sky q and not sure if this is causing the problem.

They have an iphone in the house which works fine, I connected my Moto phone and that worked fine too, so looks like the issue may be with the Nokia phone. We did reboot the router to see if that worked, but no joy.

Next step would be to split the channels between 2.4 and 5ghz, any other thing that I should try?

Thank you

Sky Q has nothing to do with the problem.

Hi

I understand issue is with the phone, but looks like it is to do with the phone and sky q, as I brought it home and it connected fine to my wifi (unified on VM) and remained connected.

So am going to reset it, and take it back and test.

Thank you

Sky Q is a satellite receiver…what brand and model of router does your friend have?
I have Sky Q but have BT Broadband with a BT Router.

Sky Q is a satellite receiver…what brand and model of router does your friend have?
I have Sky Q but have BT Broadband with a BT Router.
Hi

I need to check but believe it is a sky provided router plus an extender.

Thank you

Update:

Splitting the wifi between 2ghz and 5ghz seems to have kept the connection on the phone going for now.

The phones itself does not have a 5ghz chip so is only 2ghz.

Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom