Nokia 221T software update: 30.01.03 - 03.02.03

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cybersoga, Jan 18, 2003.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    At Nokia we are pleased to advise our customers that there will be an over-air download of new software for the Nokia Mediamaster 221T at the end of January.

The new software offers further enhancement to the Nokia Navibars user interface and the overall performance of the 221T for digital terrestrial services.

The over-air download schedule is outlined as follows:

From 10:00 on 30.01.03 until 09:00 on 03.02.03

However, please note that this schedule is subject to minimal change at the discretion of the broadcaster.

Instructions to receive the download:

1. Firstly, make sure your Nokia 221T is switched on and connected to a mains aerial feed as per the user manual.
    2. One of the unique features of the 221T means that it does not matter which television or radio channel you are tuned to in order to perform a software update.
    3. Press the Navi button on the remote control to display the Navibars user-interface. Scroll to the 'Settings' folder and then select the 'SW update' bookmark. Press select and enter the Access code. The default code (1234) is found on page 27 of the user manual.
    4. Your 221T will now search for new software and display RECEIVER UPGRADE - Looking for a new software version.
    5. After a few minutes the message displayed will say:
    "An update of system software is available for download. Downloading will take a few minutes. During this time the screen will be black. Please do not switch off or disconnect the receiver during download". Press select to continue.
    6. When the download is complete, the box will automatically go into and then out of standby. The first installation screen will then appear.
    7. The System software download will take between 7 and 10 minutes to complete.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Best wishes

Nokia Home Communications
    nhc.sales@nokia.com
    01793 556046

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for this information.

Do you work for Nokia or are you relaying information you've found elsewhere?

Do you know where I can find a list of previous revisions and what they fixed/added? Despite the fact I only got my 221T last Monday it is version 1.0.0 and I'm already haveing some "issues" that I'm hoping the upgrade may fix.

Current problems.

1. Experiences Loud Audio & Video "Clicks" when lights are switched and also when some other domestic electrical items switch on.

2. Has locked up MANY times and I have to unplug the power lead to reset it.

3. Channel search always results in an extra copy of ITV News

4. Signal bar reads about 2% after a channel search until you exit Nav bar and re-enter.

In addition are there any "discrete" IR codes to allow it to be turned ON or OFF via a universal remote? Holding the Mute button for 4 seconds is less that ideal. If not how about that being one for the suggestion box :)

Despite all this I think the 221T is fantastic. I'm using a digital out to my Lexicon processor and the sound is excellent. Picture quality is stunning too.

Thanks,

Mark.

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    That was an email that I recieved from them, cut and paste. There are many issues to be fixed!