1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 221t Scart Output

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by THFC, Feb 24, 2003.

1. THFC

THFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have purchased a Nokia 221t and have a problem with the scart outputs on the digi box.
    My JVC video recorder can be controlled via its AV2 scart input and can be switched on and off by the Nokia Timer. Called Automatic Satelite Programming by Jvc.

When connected to the Nokia by the AUX scart (As recomended in the Nokia Manual for VCR's) the Nokia will not switch on my video.

When connected by the TV scart output on the Nokia the Video is fully controlled by the box as it should be. But the video recording has no sound.

I think the problems to do with the scart outputs on the Nokia -

Does the Tv scart output carry no sound signal. But it can control the video via pin 8 on the scart output which has a switch voltage out?

The Aux scart output pin 8 has a switch voltage in. And not out like above. Therefore cannot control the video?

Can anyone help with the above. I know very little about scarts and i am presuming pin 8 controls my video. Most of the information i have is by reading page 34 of the Nokia 221t User guide.

I have also Emailed Nokia and Jvc

2. THFC

THFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Nokia sorted the problem.

Jvc confirmed that pin 8 controlled the video.

Only the Tv scart output has this facility

Not the AUx scart

Why no sound?

The bloody volume control button on the Set top box was set too low therefore you could not hear the recording. :smashin:

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    There's no RGB passthrough on the AUX socket on the Nokia either, although this isn't much use for VCR's, it means you can't daisy chain another set top box/games console etc, so the AUX scart socket is quite useless really, considering there's already another composite video output on the unit.