Nokia 221T mediamaster firmware update

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Optimus, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Optimus

Optimus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I notice from previous postings that quite a few owners of the 221T have issues with the unit freezing when changing channels, etc., requiring the power lead to be pulled out the back to reset - mine does the same too.

Given that you can now buy set-top boxes for a third of the price which are stable and have an EPG, coupled with the fact the Nokia haven't updated the firmware for over a year, I thought I would call them to vent some frustration.

Apparently, Nokia are preparing a new version of the firmware with release being imminent!! No date yet, but it sounds like it could be in the next month or two. It will be posted on their website prior to it being broadcast over the air. Hopefully this update will make the unit a bit more stable. I asked about whether an EPG would be included, but it sounds like it won't as the hardware cannot support it due to changes since the unit was released. Shame, but then the unit is over 2 years old now I think.

2. Paul97

Paul97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Optimus
    I have had the 221 since nov 02 with all the problems you describe. do you know when the upgrade will be.

Paul

3. Optimus

Optimus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke with Nokia again recently. No firm date yet. Just have to keep checking their website

4. Paul97

Paul97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Cheers

5. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mine was fairly stable until recently when constantly locks up on changing channels. Shame as it's a good unit and better than a number I have seen. However, unles the new SW comes out soon it will be relegated to a corner and I'll buy something more reliable.

6. GreggWatson

GreggWatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the new update has been released yet??