1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 221T and Pronto?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by evildonut, May 27, 2003.

1. evildonut

evildonut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I've got a Nokia 221T on loan at the moment, and I need to integrate it to my Philips Pronto remote (so that it gets a WAF :rolleyes: ).

I've tried to make the Pronto learn them, but I don't seem to always get it right. :(

Plus, switching the unit on and off is a real pain (you have to press the 'mute' button for 4 seconds).

Sooo, Does anybody have proper RC5 codes for the 221T? Do you guys leave the Nokia box on all the time, or do you switch it off at the same time as the TV/AV boxes?

Thanks!

2. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just keep relearning until it does get it right! I have a 221T and noticed some weird behaviour with the pronto, but it's fine now. The pronto seems to work much better than the original remote, which seemed to miss loads of key presses and was highly directional.

I leave my 221T on almost all of the time.

3. evildonut

evildonut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bobones,

I noticed that too, when you try to learn the code a few times you don't always get the same string :confused: , plus if it doesn't learn properly you can press a key once but not twice :confused:

If you leave your box on, then what happens when you switch on your tv? Mine defaults to terrestrial, and won't notice that there is a stream coming from the Scart :mad:
    That's why I switch mine off, so that if I switch on tv then STB it switches automatically.

4. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a Sony tv which allows you to assign channel numbers to AV inputs. My 221T is on AV1 which is assigned to channel 6 and if I switch my tv off and on it will remain on that channel. Either that or it does switch automatically to AV1 when the set is switched on - can't remember exactly.

5. evildonut

evildonut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I thought I'd let you know that I've received an email from Nokia, with a PDF that contains the RC codes for the remote!

I'll give that a shot as soon as I can.

FWIW, you can download it here:
    http://evildonut.34sp.com/diy/NRC-17Spec.pdf