Nokia 221 STB crash

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Papa Smurf, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine late last night, and guess what, after watching it for about an hour - it crashed. I had just switched from teletext mode into tv mode, and the image froze. None of the buttons seemed to do anything. In the end I had to power off.

Does anyonre know if this is a known bug - or should I get a replcement ?

2. artgar

artgar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine last night also and guess what - yeph it crashed. going into TXT mode too soon after changing channels. Had to power off at mains to reset the box. Looks like a software bug, for sure its not a hardware problem. If you wait 5 seconds after changing channel then hit TXT its OK.

Picture though superb, no freezing, no glitches and on 30% signal strength according to built in meter. A better STB than the Grundig I had before.

4. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lets hope the software upgrade fixes the bug.

Whilst I'm here - I've noticed another problem. When I watch my tv via analogue rf signal, the picture (brightness/contrast etc...) is very good. However, when I switch the Nokia on, the picture is very very bright and the contrast is also very high.

In fact if I turn the brightness and contrast down to zero on my tv, I can still see a picture via the Nokia (its almost totally black via analogue). I'm not sure if this is due to the Nokia, the supplied SCART lead or perhaps the SCART interface on my tv (a 14" panasonic portable).

Anyone got any ideas ???