1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nokia 211t and the 260s

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by alwyn, Sep 6, 2003.

1. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I was thinking of buying the nokia 211t,but there seems to be a lot of complaints about this model.Is this still the case.
    Has anyone tried out the new 260s mediamaster with the 80gb. hd?

2. loz1

loz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alwyn,

I bought a 221T recently and it seems fine to me. Not had any problems so far but that said I've not been home much to use it.

I've had it freeze a few times but I think most of that is down to a one-for-all remote code I downloaded recently which might be a bit suspect.

I bought mine from JL as they were £10 cheaper than dixons.

Cheers,
    Lawrence

3. Origin

Origin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Nokia 221T for a few months now, and although it gets good reviews, it's not that good. The box is prone to lock-ups for no apparent reason, even with good signal strength. The only way to reset it is to turn the power off (the remote doesn't work when it's crashed.)

It's a piggin' annoying piece of kit - the first electrical / AV device I've ever bought that doesn't work properly out of the box. I reckon Nokia are well overdue for an update to the software, but I doubt it'll ever happen.