Noisy Sony SE710

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by BBD, Dec 2, 2001.

Tags:
  1. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just bought a Sony SE710 after reading the very good reviews but I'm disappointed. The unit generates a lot of motor noise whilst playing or recording and the picture quality is not as good as my 2 year old JVC. I plan to take it back but before I do has anybody else had any experience with this VCR, is mine faulty or is this normal?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen another report on the poor quality exhibited by this machine on the digitalspy forum.The person here has had 2 of these vcrs - neither of which worked properly.
    Best solution would be to return the vcr to the retailer(not of mercantable quality)and replace it with a different make/model.

3. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here.

Noisy as hell so was the toshiba i swapped it for.
    So back i went and swapped it again for a panasonic, which is superbly quiet.

You'd think all new vcr's would make no noise, how wrong was I.

4. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Sony model recently but got a refund after a couple of days because it wasn't fully compatible with my existing machine. Ironically the sony vcr was nice and quiet.