Noisy SKY+ box

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
I've just had SKY multiroom installed in two extra rooms and the SKY+ box I have in my bedroom has a very noisy Fan.
Does anyone else have a noisy Fan and if you have have you got SKY to change the box?
Thanks

revans9

don't tell me its a thomson!

I had exactly the same problem when I had sky+ installed shortly after christmas. The thomson they gave me had a very loud fan and also a high-pitched whine coming from it whenever it was on and for ages after it was switched to standby.

I rang sky to complain and they basically said tough. so I rang again, got someone else and an engineer came round and swapped the box. I now have a pace box which is virtually silent and the fan powers down as soon as it goes into standby as well.

well worth complaining I would say. The superiority of pace boxes is well-known and they are much sought after!

[email protected]

The fan stays on all the time (since an update about a year and a hlf ago). My box in the bedroom is not used that much so I simply removed the fan. I haven't had any problems.

You can also purchase a variable resistor to fit to the box to lower the fan speed. I've also seen peoplr drilling all of the holes out of the top of the box to aid ventalation but then again, they were out of warranty!!

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
don't tell me its a thomson!

I had exactly the same problem when I had sky+ installed shortly after christmas. The thomson they gave me had a very loud fan and also a high-pitched whine coming from it whenever it was on and for ages after it was switched to standby.

I rang sky to complain and they basically said tough. so I rang again, got someone else and an engineer came round and swapped the box. I now have a pace box which is virtually silent and the fan powers down as soon as it goes into standby as well.

well worth complaining I would say. The superiority of pace boxes is well-known and they are much sought after!
Thanks I think i'll ring up and complain before removing the fans as the other guy suggested

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony XH95 TV, Klipsch The Fives Speakers & Bias Light Reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom