Noisy Pioneer DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daviddodds, Jul 22, 2001.

1. daviddodds

daviddodds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a Pioneer 626 DVD player.

Haven't quite figured everything out yet, but the mechanism seems quite noisy, especially towards the end of of each "side" of double layer DVDs like The Matrix and Heat. At start of DVD, the mechsnism is virtually silent, but seems to get noisier the further you get into the film.

Is player faulty or can I alter settings to quieten the mechanism down ?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received

2. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never seen any settings adjustments on any player.It sounds faulty to me.It could be due to a buildup of heat inside the player.Does the player sound noisy at the start of the second or third disc you play?Anyway take it back-noise shouldn't be a problem in a new player,only very old ones where bearings/motors etc may be worn.

3. daviddodds

daviddodds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD player is very happy at the start of a disc and makes no real noise. Noise gets progressively noticeable as time goes by. When lazer moves to the start of the second layer, noise is again negligible, but increases as time elapses and is at its worst at the end of the film.

4. Mark Pitchford

Mark Pitchford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi dd,

The Pioneers are well-known to have noisy mechanisms.

It's a feature, not a fault. ;)

Mark

5. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i did say about 2 weeks ago about how noisy the pioneers where lol.i was hoping it wasnt just my player lol.im thinking of uprgrading but the player is sound apart from the dam noise