1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Pioneer Dv-717

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DucatiEVO, Dec 4, 2003.

1. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

My Pioneer DV-717 seems to have a very noisy drive, not bearing like noise but the sound you get when the laser is reading the disc. With nothing playing in the background you can hear it easily.

Two people who have been round have already commented on it, so I'm thinking something may be wrong. I got it second hand a while ago and have had it floating in the box, so not really given it much thought until now.

I've also got an HS2 which is silent when playing a DVD, but perfer to use the Pio as I think it's the better unit?

Any ideas is it worth getting the pioneer serviced or is this a known problem?

thx
    Chris

2. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I've now got a Toshiba 330 but the dvd player before was the Pioneer 717, and yes it is noisy.
    How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking.

3. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just spoke to someone at the local music shop (picked up my Optimum stand today) and he also had a 717 and agreed that it is noisy.

I paid £250 (boxed, manuals, mint cond) but I think I got stiffed on that price (wasn't too hot on them when i got it). It is multiregion enabled though. And all the reviews I saw rated it very well.

Still if it bugs me in the long run I fancy a Denon2900 or summin :)