1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy picture on 28fx68?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cockbongo, Jun 28, 2004.

1. cockbongo

cockbongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

Having just sent back a Panny 28ps12 for its vertical banding problem, i've just received a sony 28fx68. I know some of the issues with this set are well documented but i'm interested to know if anyone can give me a hand with the following, or point me in the right direction.

I have a Telewest digital box through RGB and no analogue ariel at all. I know that cable TV frequently isn't the best quality, but is my picture supposed to be this noisy? My Panny's TV picture was fine (it had better noise reduction options and AI and stuff) but it appears there is little i can do to improve the blocky, noisy picture that i get on the Sony, no matter which "mode" i put it in. Anything i'm missing? I can't seem to alter the Sharpness, either, and the Noise Reduction is "ON" by default. Any tips would be helpful.

My DVD player is a Pioneer 565 (thru RGB), and while i've not given it a good test just yet there appeared to be some horizontal flickering here and there when playing an R2 disc. Is this a known issue or shall i just keep at it?

T
    x

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, you can't adjust Sharpness when watching RGB. Select an analogue source to get out of RGB mode (any channel number should do) - and then you can adjust the Sharpness to a new setting. When you switch back to RGB, the new setting will remain.

3. cockbongo

cockbongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Any help on this would be much appreciated - any general tips on cutting down noisiness in the picture on the 28fx68 or what the hell the shimmery/flickering effect is on playing DVDs thru my Pioneer dv565?

T
    x

:lease: