1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'noisy' passthrough via Pioneer 859 Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GAmbrose, Jul 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    To all those using the video passthrough feature on their amp, does anyone else get digital noise/electrical interference whenn doing this?

Originally I had my Gamecube and X-box using S-video switching via the Amp and would get some small vertical lines at the top right of the picture on my T.V. I could live with these as they were fairly small and only noticable when certain colours were being displayed.

I've recently splashed out on a Panny PWD6 Plasma screen and decided to use Component video for the best possible picture, so now my Gamecube and X-box are connected via the Amp's YUV switching.

However, now I am getting noticable banding running horizontally across the screen from the mid portion of the screen downwards. I've tried a direct YUV -> VGA connection to the plasma, and the picture is perfectly clean, so it's definately the passthought

Is this a common problem, would upgrading the amp possibly help? Maybe it's just a problem with the Pioneer VSX859-RDS? Anyone else got one of these and is using video switching?

Regards
    Gary

2. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    *Ahem*

Anyone?

Gary A