noisy neighbours

r lacey

Standard Member
We have very quiet neighbours.... it's their wall mounted telly that's the problem .( no idea what make it is.) Mentioned the problem to them, dull low vibrations thru the wall where the fire places are. They have turned it down a little but it's so annoying we are thinking of moving house! Is there anything else we can politely suggest to them to stop the vibration. We have already soundpfed our wall and the back of our fireplace but with no effect whatsoever. It's such a shame that whoever decided it was a great idea to wall mount tellys did'nt think about the effect it has on neighbours!? HELP!

r lacey

Standard Member
The fireplace hole has been blocked up but inside the chimney hasnt been blocked. We have soundproofed the wall on our side.
Their chimney is along side ours, they have an electric fire.
Sorry its on the wrong forum.

Phlog

Novice Member
. it's their wall mounted telly that's the problem .( no idea what make it is.) Mentioned the problem to them, dull low vibrations thru the wall where the fire places are. They have turned it down a little but it's so annoying we are thinking of moving house! Is there anything else we can politely suggest to them to stop the vibration.
Some years ago I had a rather similar problem: the neighbours moved their TV to a corner wall shelf against the party wall. At times I could easily hear what programme they were watching whilst I was listening, quietly, to my own TV.

I've always had a fairly capable set-up. I found that if my sound was turned up for a time, they would remember that they had neighbours, too. Initially I had to do this about once a month. These days they seem to have understood the issue, and keep their volume under better control. Possibly the addition of a 300 watt sub-woofer also helped get the message over...

In your case, have you thought of inviting one of them round to hear what their TV sounds like in your home?

tinkerbell

Standard Member
If you are in the UK there are legal contols in the to restrict noise from neighbours. If you consider the noise to be so intrusive and cause you porblems contact your local environmental heath officers at your local council. they will assess the levels and act accordingly. They may even help with further soundproofing advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom