• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Noisy Menus

skk3

Prominent Member
I have a Sony 26 inch Bravia LCD TV and Sony HX-510 recorder. When accessing the TVs EPG, there is an alarming noise like a neumatic drill from the TV speakers! Has any one else experienced this? John Lewis / Waitrose want to take the TV away for up to two weeks to test things. The TV is only just out of the refund period as I was on holiday. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

PhilipL

Prominent Member
Hi

Sounds like a fault with the TV. I would make sure it still happens with other equipment is disconnected in case it is some odd form of feedback.

If you have only just recently bought the TV, you should demand a replacement with a new one, you do not have to accept a repair, i.e. them sending it away.

Regards

Phil

Gavtech

Administrator
The hard edges on menus cause very high frequency transitions, that should be prevented, but are managing to leak across into the audio sidebands, in the IF section of the receiver.

This can require investigation down to component level... or sometimes a refinement of the tuning alignment.

You'll have to bite the bullet Im afraid.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom