1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Hitachi fan

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pixelated, Dec 18, 2002.

1. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Hitachi CMP4121HDE plasma which has a cooling fan that gets quite noisy when its running at a high speed. ie when room/screen temperature are high. Has anyone got the same problem on this or other plasmas and found a solution? Any views on whether it's possible to replace the fan with a low noise-one as used for replacement PCs? Or even restrict the speed to below maximum?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Bleach

Bleach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I cant help you out here, but I also have this problem with my old Sony. It's very loud and offputting and has got to be worse than the "Panasonic 4 series buzz" (although I've never heard this buzz and shouldnt really comment :) )
    If you do find a solution, I'd be interested to find out.
    Good luck.

3. YYZ

YYZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only real solution is to "kill" the sound produced by the fans using some form of acoustic absorbing board behind the screen.
    There have been threads on this from the Panny boys trying to cure the buzzing problem

4. mambasna

mambasna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Hitachi 42pma400e and immediately also noticed the same noisy fan !
    I wonder if this is a fault or characteristic of plasma's in general or just Hitachi's.
    Picture is out of this world though.
    :confused: