Noisy Hitachi 42PD7200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by pad, Mar 16, 2006.

1. pad

pad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Bought this Tv on Oct last year and have been complaining about the noisy "squeeling" power supply ever since., Eventually they acknowledged that it was noisy and have today just swapped out the power board. It now quieter , and I can live with the slight noise it now makes. :thumbsup:

Ive read alot of theads on here about noisy plasma tv's and just wnated to let you guys know if you moan enough it will get sorted. Don't settle for a noisy tv. Its took me since Oct to get this sorted but it was worth it.

The only thing I have noiticed since the power suppy has been swapped is that via the PC input on a white screen like google ... i am seeing faint horizontal lines. However I'm sure this is not caused by the power supply as the TV and all the other inputs are fine. Anyone any ideas ? I have tried multiple pc (all the same) and the cable has not changed either ...

Anyhow, the TV looks ok and its quiet ... so I am now happier .. despite the lines on the PC input .... :clap:

2. B17NNS

B17NNS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looking at getting one of these myself very soon.

have been told it is at least the equal of more expensive panasonics and pioneers by several retailers.

would welcome an independent viewpoint on this.

3. pad

pad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV is good once you set it up correctly. Out of the box the picture is not good , but thats due to the poor default factory settings. Apart from the noise ... it's been ok. But reading this forum many makes can be noisy ...