Noisy fan

gers1978

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The last few days my PS4's fan seems to be getting noisy (rattling/whirring loudly).

3 questions:

1) Is it an easy DIY fix?

2) If I take it back to CEX under their 12 month warranty, and they replace it, how do I download my digital games again? Is it easy?

3) Can I transfers save games, etc?

I'd not fix it yourself... If its under the 12 months warrenty let CEX worry about it.

Everything you have downloaded (games/demo's etc) will be listed on the psn store in the my library section.
All you need to do is log in to your account on new ps4 and download them again...no paying again.

Also if you have saves you want to keep then go to settings on your PS4 and upload the saves to the cloud storage....then when you have new ps4 go there again and you can download them and carry on playing.

Hope I've explained OK but on my phone atm sat in work :D

Thanks. But how will the new PS4 know that I'm authorised to play game on it, and not the old one? Does that not mean in theory I could log in to a mate's PS4 as me and let him have my digital games?

Also, IIRC on the PS3 when you had PS+, save games were upped to the cloud automagically. Is this no longer the case?

Some where on settings remove the PS4 as your primary device before taking back.

Then when you get the new one it will ask if you want it to be your primary device...say yes and you ready.

Online storage does do it automatic but mine was full for months on old games I don't play...so my newer games failed.
Deleted all the old stuff and working now.

PS4 fan noise? | Page 12 | AVForums

Might be worth checking before you post new threads. You've posted two threads now that are already covered by existing threads (thumbstick wear and fan noise). Both these topics have detailed threads already and are both still on the first page of this section.

Duplicate threads aren't a help really.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom