Noisy fan on Sony Laptop

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by towny, Aug 25, 2013.

1. towny

towny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My Spny Vaio VPCEB2MOE is not yet 3 years old but now, when in use, it is getting quite hot and the fan is exceedingly noisy, I run Norton 360 so I hope its virus free, when idle the fan switches off.
    Can any of you computer experts out there give me any advice to cure it.

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    There's probably a largish amount of dust accumulation by now, slowing the fan down or forcing the fan to higher speeds because of airflow being restricted (and temperature raised) by the dust.
    Depending on the physical layout of the laptop, you may be able to remove most of the dust using a vacuum cleaner with crevice tool + perhaps some fine-ish tweezers.
    To really clean it properly, you would have to disassemble the laptop and then carefully clean it - not sure how difficult that is with your model.

3. ufitsy

ufitsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +346
    yep - they are a bit fanny. I would reload the o/s, if no improvement then (as mentioned in prev post) dismantle and remove the dust bunnies. You could always try a blast from a tin of air duster which might blow it out..