Noisy DVD Panasonic DMR-ES15

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Andyl46, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Andyl46

Andyl46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got one, nice picture but it's noisy as a noisy thing, a high pitched whine and clicking on dvd playback, loud enough to notice without turning the TV up to neighbour annoying levels to drown it out. The sony davs300 (5 yrs old) it is replacing makes noises while it searches for chapters or menus (understandable) but this is on playback! Anyone with similar experiences? Send it back? Should dvd recorders be silent?

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    It doesn't sound right.

Is it the same with all disks?

3. Andyl46

Andyl46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, all disks. Its a high pitched, repetitive clicking and whirring. Cuts through audio at low levels and just annoys you, lots!

4. presmara

presmara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same thing with a Panasonic DMR-ES65. It was so bad I thought the fume hood in the kitchen was on. I took it back and tested a 2nd unit which had the same problem. I wrote to Panasonic and they were no help. So I ended up buying a Pioneer and it is very quiet.I also found the Hitachi was quite as well.

5. Cathrin

Cathrin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I had the same problem with a Panasonic EZ25 which I bought just before Christmas. Exactly as you describe: clicking, whirring disk noise, loud enough to spoil enjoyment of the programme I was watching. I noticed it on the day I bought it and phoned Panasonic technical helpline; the guy advised me to take it back as he said it "sounded like a fault". A few days later I managed to listen to another one of the same model (also brand new) and it was exactly the same. I ended up buying a Sony and it's much quieter.