Noisy Cube

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Momo, May 10, 2002.

1. Momo

Momo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My cube appears to suffer from a very noisy cooling fan. I'd swear it wasn't like it before when all you could hear was the whirring from the CD drive.
    Does everyone else have this irritation with their machine or am I just imagining it.
    Of course you don't notice it with Rogue Leader but on the quieter Lugi Mansion it is noisy to the point of being annoying.

2. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My experience of console owning and listening to friends machine noises is that some ps2's and Xboxs are louder in the fan department than others. I swapped an Xbox because of it. My gamecube is v quiet compared to those two. Listen to someone elses if you can, you may find yours is OK - or take it back say it's broken - it'll be swapped in this time period - 8 days since launch. Hope that helps a bit............

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,521
    Momo

Can't say I've heard anything out the ordinary but then again I have a couple of Toshiba DVD players as well and alot of bat eared folk say there're as noisy as hell....Still can't hear anything wrong with them either, maybe I need my ears syringing?
    Suggest you take it back to where you bought it from and get a replacement if its that noticable..

Si