Noisy (Buzz) LCD TV - any suggestions ?

O

onemanband

Hi All,

I have a Sanyo 32" LD5: surprisingly good picture, but the buzz from the power supply is rather loud. Too loud for normal volume levels to "cover".

Is there a simple remedy. The retailer refuses to accept it is a fault, as "all LCD's make a certian amount of noise".

Could a replacement power supply be installed or can it be adjusted in any way ?

Also, anyone know the service codes to bring up hidden menus etc ? I could do with changing the backlight if it is possible...it is too bright and loses contrast in the dark.

Thnx in Advance

onemanband said:
The retailer refuses to accept it is a fault, as "all LCD's make a certian amount of noise".

What utter nonsense, the only noise my Samsung LCD makes is audio sounds from the speakers, if I mute it the LCD is then silent - Sounds like your LCD has a fault in which the retailer should do something about mate.

Don't know anyhting about the service menu though.

I agree with imcarm, if I had bought a tv with a buzz coming from the power supply, I would get a replacement as I would class it as faulty. When did you purchase? You have a right to replacement if there is a fault!

I have the tosh 32WLT58, and when it is on mute, there is no noise at all - no buzz and no humming. The retailer is talking rubbish! If you have only just bought it send it back - don't just put up with it - it might just be on the verge of blowing!

If you want to see if the retailer is correct in what he is stating, which I very much doubt, phone Samsung and ask them if a buzz is a normal 'feature' of their LCD's?! You can then tell the retailer what they said!

jeez another lcd buzzes and its not a samsung theres a turn up for the books!!

i love:spam: on milk roll with a cherry tomato and kettle crisps!!

the porter said:

i love:spam: on milk roll with a cherry tomato and kettle crisps!!

Yeah, i'm hoping its a one-off....'cos many say theirs is quite some don't agree.

Hopefully the replacement will be an improvement.

To onemanband - have you had any joy with that retailer then? You
said in original post:
The retailer refuses to accept it is a fault, as "all LCD's make a certian amount of noise".

Hope you got it sorted.

the porter said:

Damn, does it mean my Samsung has a fault then if it doesn't buzz..?? :eek:

onemanband said:
Yeah, i'm hoping its a one-off....'cos many say theirs is quite some don't agree.

Hopefully the replacement will be an improvement.

They are bringing a replacement....hope its better. If its the same, don't know what I'll do.
:rolleyes:

They are bringing a replacement....hope its better. If its the same, don't know what I'll do.
If you happen to get another dodgy one, ask for your money back and get one from somewhere else. They can't refuse you a refund - if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom