1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by kentether, Mar 10, 2003.

1. kentether

kentether

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am experiencing excessive noise on printing out, at any size, from shots taken with Fuji S602, particularly in the shadows. I am using PSPro together with an Epson Stylus 810 printer,. Can anyone offer suggestions.

2. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Only thing I can think of would be to check you've not got the ISO setting of the 602 set too high? I pretty much run mine permanently at ISO160 which is the slowest setting it has. I wouldn't shoot any higher than 400 without EXPECTING quite an obtrusive amount of noise.

Hope this helps,

Ian.

3. kentether

kentether

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tks for your help.
    Generally the ISO setting is default ie 200 but I am continually experimenting in the hope of finding an equitable solution for grab shots.

4. minimad

minimad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This mount sound like a dumb question, but:

do you see the "noise" when viewing the picture in PSP?

If it was the camera being st wrong then I would expect to see noise at every point where I viewed the picture, eg, on the camera screen (I understand that this isn't always easy), in PSP on the computer and when I print the picture.

If not, then I would suggest looking at your printer settings. perhaps the DPI rate is too low for a decent quality picture?

Collin