Noise? Setup? Me dont know?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by howardevans, Jan 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. howardevans

howardevans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi people,

Got a new tele for christmas (in the sales), a SAMSUNG LE37R88BD 37" and pluged into ps3 and sd sky.

The games are amazing, the picture is so clear. The only problem I have are with Blu-ray films and sd sky. To be honest i dont really expect much from sd anymore any way but i was hoping i could make it a bit better for now.

When im watching a BD disk on my ps3 on the darker parts of the picture i can see a kind of what i can only describe as noise (maybe). I get this on sd dvd and sd sky. But the games are great, and the lighter parts of the blu-ray films are ok.

First question do I need better than standard leads (to reduce the noise)?
    Secondly have I got the TV set up correctly for the BD films? Sometimes I forget to tun off the game mode, then when i do the picture is considerably better, but still not as clear as I would expect (noise noising around lol).

If anyone could help or point me in the direction of someone who knows more than me that would be great.

How

PS I know PS3 arnt the best HD playback but I have run it on my dads 42" plasma and the picture is fine? Help please?